[IGSROBIN] I am here

Hi Everyone,
I am still here, Cindi.  I am a Postmaster......the amount of mail this
year greatly exceeds any other of the 24 years I have been employed by
the Postal Service.  We are understaffed, to add to the confusion.
Tomorrow is going to be a real mess---some days the vacations days are
no help at all!!
Enough of my complaints!!!!  :-)
We have had our first snow fall.  Have had a total of probably 7 or 8
inches on the ground.  It is all gone now around the house, but just a
short ways up the mountain, the ground is very white.
My pellies that are in the south windows did not stop blooming when I
brought them inside.  They got cut way back.  Just gave them more
incentive to bloom.  My Christmas cactus is in its prime for the year.
Hundreds of cascading hot pink/red blossoms.  Wish you could stop by for
a cup of hot cider, and see the plants.
From now on until the middle of January, I will be in postal zombie
land.  The catalogs will dwindle down until just about Christmas.  But,
from Thanksgiving on we will have the fun Christmas mail.  I really
enjoy working the mail with the Holiday cards.  People are happy.  The
work is very demanding and hard, and when the season is all over, I am
ready to drop.  This year we will have the rate change, so that will be
another challenge after the Holiday Season is over.  Some rates will be
increasing, and others decreasing.
As I am writing this, and doing some relaxing the Veterans Day, our 8
year old Granddaughter is baking cookies all by herself for the very
first time. She has had either my, her Mother's, or her sisters help
before.  I occasionally walk through the kitchen to ask if I can aid her
somewhat.  "No, Gramma, I am just fine".  Seven year old brother is
making sure she gets the ingredients correct.
Four of our grandchildren live next door.  Lots of fun.
Whoops, the hay feeder just started....Granddaughter #2 is now out
making sure it is working correctly with Grandpa.
John and Pat Adney, did you lose power?  Any more garbage cans go flying
Joan in Australia, how is the weather down under?  We have an exchange
student in our high school here from your country.  I think he is from
the Sidney area.
I was at my annual Postmasters meeting last week for southern Oregon.
One of my peers is a geranium lover also.  We plan on exchanging some
plants.  I think she even subscribes to GATW!!
Take care, everyone------Diane