[IGSROBIN] Weather report & species.

 Hi all,
Thought I'd put in the weather report from W.Aust.  38C (over 100F) and
it's only Spring!. I've had enough of the heat already!
We have heard on the news about the bad weather over there ... hope it's
all settled down by now.

My Zonals are a blaze of colour and I can't keep up with dead-heading them.
Also the white cabbage moths are everywhere and I'm overdue to spray, so
I'm expecting the green caterpillar attack any minute now.     Still I
guess it's not as bad as dog attack,  eh Cindy!
Trouble is I've recently joined two genealogy mailing lists, which are very
active.  Because I was away on the weekend I had 134 messages on the
Monday.  All very interesting..and addictive, but I have been neglecting my
plants.

Recently a very kind person in th US sent me some species pelargonium
seeds.  I have never grown any of them before and am not quite sure what to
expect.  I have read about them in books so do have a bit of an idea, of
what they should look like.  They are up and just getting their second
leaves... very exciting seeing the different leaf shapes forming.
If anyone knows any special requirements for growing the ones listed below,
please let me know.
I have;-
P. tongaense
P. hispidum
P. dolmiticum
P. suburbanum
P. coriandrafolium
P. crithmifolium
P. sidoides

I kept a few others for Autumn planting as I think they are listed as
winter growers..hope that's the right thing to to.  They are:-

P.dasyphillum
P.triste
P.gibbosum
P.fulgidum

I have wanted to get P.transvaalense since seeing it growing in RSA.  Does
anyone know where I can get seed?
Have booked my accomodation for the International Conference in Canberra,
Oct next year. We were advised that it going to be pretty scarce at that
time.  I guess Marj Edwards will have some new and exciting hybrids to show
us.
My GATW hasn't arrived yet, but it takes a good three weeks usually.

All for now    Joan

Joan Steele, 65 Ford Rd., Lesmurdie 6076   Western Australia
Research names:
 http://carmen.murdoch.edu.au/community/dps/research/ste02.html ===========