Re: [IGSROBIN] P. sidoides & "hedgehog geraniums"

  • To: IGSROBIN@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU
  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] P. sidoides & "hedgehog geraniums"
  • From: Joan Steele <shakaskraal@ONE.NET.AU>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:09:26 +0800
  • Comments: RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence was retained.

Cindi,
I think the article about 'Hedgehog geraniums' may refer to the Miniature
Zonal named URCHIN., who's appearance is very much like a Hedgehog. It
looks like a ball of prickles.
From my notes:-
Urchin (Min)  Single red, five fingered ragged blooms.  Compact and bushy.
Holmes Miller, California 1970.  Did Miller know that the  old English name
for Hedgehog is Urchin?
I'll be interested to know if this is the case.

I wonder if my sidoides seeds will turn out to be the fair dinkum sidoides.
Glad you got the right one anyway
Re my address. I don't know why, but it only came out weird the first time
... has been fine since then

>P.S.  Dog was on the roof again this morning.  I'm thinking about stapling
the
>little fake reindeer antlers to her head and pretending she's supposed to be
>my Christmas decorations.  Think it will work

You ARE having fun with that dog.. what will he do for his next trick ?
Going away for 4/5 days and the geraniums will have to survive. I''m mainly
worried about the little seedlings. Will try & find a cool place for them.
TTYL  Joan

P.S.  I didn't relize that I'd sent your last message through IGSrobin ..
oh well it did have some 'geranium stuff in it. :-)

Joan Steele, 65 Ford Rd., Lesmurdie 6076   Western Australia
Research names:
 http://carmen.murdoch.edu.au/community/dps/research/ste02.html ===========