Re: [IGSROBIN] Think warm thoughts

Ingrid,

I'm not sure what would happen in Southern California if the temperature
dropped below zero, but I'm sure it would involve calling it a disaster of
some sort and frantically appealing for some kind of aid from the world in
general to defrost all our tanned residents.  When I still lived at home in
Michigan, we'd have what my mother referred to as the "semi-annual snow
drills" where something would go wrong in her greenhouse and the alarm would
sound in the middle of the night, invariably when it was snowing outside, and
we'd all rush back and forth between the greenhouse and the house to bring all
her plants inside so they wouldn't freeze.  Once we forgot to bring in the
little tub of water with the waterplants and goldfish, and the darn thing
froze nearly solid.  We brought inside as one giant icecube and defrosted it,
and would you believe the goldfish were still alive!?  Swimming very slowly in
the center of the iceblock, all 4 fish survived the experience, which is more
than I can say for any of the plants!

Watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" the other night while grooming my
nutmeg scented topiary.  Am still trying to sort out the plants in the new
lath house and groom them and get them in the best place for their
lighting/watering requirements.

What have you been up to?

Cindi
hedgehug@aol.com