The roots

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your reply, err..it appears we have a little mixup here :-)
My friend who is so good at growing P ferulaceum as a bonsai is not
the same friend as the one with the unknown pelargonium from
Oz....sown as P australe.
The picture: http://hem.spray.se/karsbo/Pelroots.jpg
depicts the roots of the plants shown at

The friend with the impostor P australe does not collect Pelargoniums
as such, he just likes unusual plants and it was a great surprise to
me that he even had one. He throws it away every eyar and grows it
again from seeds.

All the best from Ingrid in Sweden ( getting really grey and cold now!)