Adobe Acrobat

  • Subject: Adobe Acrobat
  • From: Sandy Connerley sandyc@SURFARI.NET
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:25:41 -0700

Hello,
    Well, after reading the Adobe Acrobat website and still having
questions, I called them.  If back issues of GATW were to be scanned so
the capability of searching for specific words was a feature (a great
feature!), they recommened we would only need to purchase Adobe Acrobat
5.0 at $249. They said the magazines would be as you see them, with
pictures where they are on the page.  They said the OCR (optical
character recognition) is very good.  They said if the program is
ordered on-line or directly through them with the 30 day trial, that if
it does not work, you can return it, or upgrade to the Adobe Capture
program.  But, they did not think for IGS purposes that we would need
the larger program.
    Thanks, Barry, for alerting us to this possiblity.  Much better than
scanning images.  Making them searchable is great.
    They also said that you could put several magazines on one pdf file
so the search would be for that file, or you could put them in several
pdf files.
    Any other thoughts?
Sandy