Re: Angels

  • Subject: Re: Angels
  • From: Ed Olson Moore H20wrx@AOL.COM
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:29:35 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/02 4:38:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Laurie@LAEOM.COM

> The book Geraniums and Pelargoniums by John Feltwell lists
> Angels as a cross between P. crispum and P. grossularoides
Interesting! Don't know if this is true or not. I have some doubts.

Info I have on the two species:
P. crispum - section  Pelargonium. Chromosomes small, 2n=22
P. grossularoides - section Peristera. Chromosomes small. Basic chromosome
number, x=19. If this species is diploid, 2n=38.

While my list is far from complete, I haven't been able to find info on any
species in section Peristera crossing with a species in any other section. On
the other hand, some species in section Pelargonium have been crossed
successfully w/some species in sects: Glaucophyllum, Polyactium, Ligularia,
and possibly Cortusina (P.x blandfordianum is reportedly a cross between P.
echinatum and P. graveolens).

I would be very interested in finding out if the info you have is indeed
Take care-