Re: Angels

  • Subject: Re: Angels
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:06:42 -0400

Hi Ed - Here's the exact text- Now that I re-read it, I may have jumped to a
bit of a conclusion- - the text reads:
"It is generally regarded that two species pelargoniums lent characteristics
to angels: P. crispum and P. grossularoides."  ( pg. 100, Geraniums and
Pelargoniums, John Feltwell)  I took this to mean the two have been crossed,
but is there another way that the two species can contribute, but not be
crossed?  Such as: were both crossed with a zonal (I know nothing of the
exact chromosome counts yet), and then they would both lend characteristics,
but not be crossed to each other?