Re: [IGSrobin] Propagating Pelargonium tetragonum

  • Subject: Re: [IGSrobin] Propagating Pelargonium tetragonum
  • From: Robin Parer geraniac@pacbell.net
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:16:09 -0800

Dear Maria:

We start all our Pelargonium tetragonum cuttings in perlite with about 15% potting compound and we pack them in at about 9 per 4" container. We set them about 1 1/2" under the soil. We keep them dryish, watering only occasionally and they root in about 6-8 weeks. We probably lose about 20%.

Sorry to hear you are leaving Sacramento. Hope we'll still continue to see you and Kurt.

Regards,

Robin
Geraniaceae

Maria C. Boza wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you could give me tips on propagating Pelargonium tetragonum from cuttings. I just can't make it work. What sort of mix do you start your cuttings in? How much of the cutting do you try to have underground? Whatever I put underground in my cuttings just rots.

Stumped,

Maria B.