Fwd: [gardeners] Overwintering Pelargoniums

I'm forwarding this question from a friend on another list.  Diana had asked
this question a few weeks ago, too.  You can email me or Cheryl directly with
any answers.

I have overwintered my scenteds and zonals in the east and south windows of
my house.  This year I have so many more that I may try to over winter some
of the zonals in a simi dormant state in my cool room.  The rest will be in
windows and under my grow lights which I just set up today.  I'll bring the
plants in when the reemay, plastic and blankets will no longer keep them safe
at night.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions for Cheryl.

We missed the predicted frost after killing ourselves covering and taking
in ALL the tender plants. No room to eat in the kitchen until I cut back
30+ pelargoniums, repot the houseplant candidates and hang the others in
the basement. BTW, I've never taken the pelargoniums out of the soil before
but they are too big now for all to stay in pots. Is this hanging method
the best way or has anyone another solution? Hate to lose any of them. They
are all different.

Cheryl Schaefer, Schaefer Yarns
Beautiful hand painted fibers
schaefer@epix.net
Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1