Re: [IGS] Michael Vassar

Pete,

Sorry for the delay in answering your e-mail.  I had incorrectly stashed it
with the questions for Michael that he took home to answer and will be zapping
the answers back to me next week to input into the Robin.  It would have been
wonderful if you could have attended the program.  Michael is an absolutely
fantastic speaker and the amount of information he conveys in a short period
of time is absolutely mind boggling.  Let me get his OK on the idea, and I'll
get you his address or something so that you can contact him directly.  I
don't know if he has a list of his identification numbers or not.  I know that
he went to South Africa twice to study and collect, and that he's continually
importing seeds, etc. so the collection keeps growing.  I have some of his
things with those mysterious little numbers myself and have been meaning to
get the proper names on the labels as well.

I know it would be quite a trip, but perhaps you could attend the LA Branch of
IGS show and sale in May?  It's always held at Descanso Gardens on the weekend
of Mother's Day, and every year that I have attended, Michael has been there.

Cindi
hedgehog@aol.com