I am new to geraniums and this summer some of my plants have done very
nicely outside.  As I am from Pennsylvania, USA, the winter will be too
much for the plants.  I have read about overwintering by digging the
plants out, cutting them back and hanging them upside down in a cool
place.  Does this mean in a cool dark place?  Also, I am interested in
understanding why this is done... is it placing the plants into

I mainly want to start next year with larger plants to take advantage of

this years growth.

Any info would be appreciated.  Thank you.

David Robbins