Re: Bringing plants inside

Ronald Leger wrote: << Hi, Since the cold season is upon us here in
Quebec, I brought in all my pelargoniums. With new cuttings, I must have
over 150. Someone has told me that it is not good to have so many plants
inside because it consumes the oxygen of the house. Is this true ??? >>

Hi Ronald,
No it is not so - during day time the plants *supply* oxygen for the
animals to breathe <g> as apart of the photosynthesis. We breathe out
CO2 and the plants inhale that. At night plants use some oxygen. But the
total balance is OK - it is the system that plants and animals have (one
breathes in what the other breathes out) that keeps us all alive :-)
--
Mimy Sluiter
cats: <http://welcome.to/Manx> mailto:manx1@wxs.nl