pelargonium - autumn sown seed.

Hello all,

As a novice geranium grower, I have tried growing geraniums from seed
sown this autumn, and consequently, have about 40 f1 pelargonium
seedlings, currently growing at about 72f and under horticultural lights
It is my intention to bed them out in early summer.
The seed packet instructions say to overwinter at 7c.
I do have a large coldframe/mini greenhouse, which can be heated, but is
open to cold, outside draughts, as the covering is not secure.

Will the seedlings stand much of a chance under these conditions in
winter ? and at what stage should the seedlings be transferred to the
cooler conditions ?
What would happen if I carried on growing the plants under artificial
light and warm temperatures ? would they make house plants instead ?

I would be grateful for feedback

David Thornton  Manchester (u.k) zone 8b

                Homepage www.dave-aroid.demon.co.uk