Re: white mould

Hi Ronald,

I don't know if this will go to the list or not since I have moved my
email and the old address is just forwarding and doesn't really exist
anymore (prodigy.com closed down due to Y2K concerns).

Anyway.. It sounds to me like you have a mold that is similar to damping
off. That can occur in some peat mixes that are kept too moist. Let the
surface dry out and sprinkle some fine sand over the to top of the mix
since this fungus need oxygen to grow. It will smother the stuff. I have
heard that a strong chamomile tea sprayed on the surface will help
control that kind of fungus but don't have any personal experience with
that.

The fungus can destroy seedlings but I am not sure that it will hurt
cuttings but I suspect that is can cause some problems until the roots
are fully developed.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Dale Neil