Re: Pay pal system

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Pay pal system
  • From: maria guzman <eulen@TAOSNET.COM>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 08:53:18 -0600

>Dear friends,
                                             ( snip)
                           >My questions are a bit irrelevant, but perhaps
someone can answer them...
>At the last meeting of the Dutch Pelargonium and Geranium society, of
>which I happen to be the secretary, we discussed the availability of
>pelargonium seeds. One gentleman then mentioned the IGS as a source and he
>also talked about the Pay Pal system. I remember receiving mail about this
>and a promise that if/when it worked we would receive an
>explanation of how to use it. I don't think I got any more information,
>so could someone tell me how it works and what our members would have to
>do to buy seeds?

Here is the URL for their website: https://www.paypal.com

"PayPal lets you pay anyone with an email address and is the world's #1
online payment service -- it's accepted on over 3 million eBay(TM) auctions
and thousands of online shops. You can also use PayPal to pay your friends;
it's a convenient way to split the phone bill with your roommate or send
cash to someone in another country.

"When you send money through PayPal, you can fund your payments with your
credit card or checking account.  You won't have to worry about your
privacy, because PayPal keeps your account information safe.
Making a purchase with PayPal is more secure than mailing a check or giving
your credit card number to a stranger.  That's why over 9 million people
from around the world use PayPal to move money."

etc. etc.

>I receive, again as secretary of the Dutch society, the IGS magazine, but
>I'm not sure we are a member. Is there anyone who could enlighten me on

>Thanks for your trouble,
>Jip Bier=E4ugel,
>Alkmaar, The Netherlands

It's not hard to sign up for PayPal, you just have to wade through a lot of
irrelevant material and self-promotion in the process.  I've used it once
and it works.