Re: IGSROBIN Digest - 3 Sep 2002 to 4 Sep 2002 (#2002-106)

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] IGSROBIN Digest - 3 Sep 2002 to 4 Sep 2002 (#2002-106)
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 02:46:40 -0400

Hi Sandy :)  Thanks for typing in that information from the back issue (s).
The information on regals was really interesting to me right now.  I have a
very young seedling from seed 'Regalia Mix' - the first set of seedlings (10
months old) has not yet bloomed and in fact I had asked about it here
earlier.  The second batch I started is about 5 months old and one of the
scrawniest seedlings shocked me by blooming a week or so ago, and in fact,
the first blossom seems to now be developing a seed pod.  I wonder if this
is an unusual thing for such a young plant- These plants are all indoors
under cool-white fluorescent bulbs for about 16 hours a day.  They have not
received any cool treatment and only one out of eight of the younger
seedlings has bloomed.  So, because I am looking into regals further now,

Laurie A.E. O'Meara

Cape Cod, MA USA zone 7