Re: The Pelargonium Breeder

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] The Pelargonium Breeder
  • From: Ed Olson Moore H20wrx@AOL.COM
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 09:11:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/02 11:56:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Barry Roth
(BRoth@BROBECK.COM) writes (in reference to Hamilton Taylor:

> My impression was that he had a real love of gardening information (as the
> article said, a Pelargonium Historian) and hence would have loved
> collecting
> and disseminating all the information that breeders might have shared with
> him.

Hi Barry and Sandy-
Too bad we don't have many people w/information on breeding pelargoniums that
are willing to share that information now. I understand people have other
priorities , or may not have time, but any information on individuals
breeding programs would help us immensely - not to mention its historic
value.

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, lets move on to The International
Association of Pelargonium Breeders. My father, Carlos Moore, was a member.
The first issue of The Pelargonium Breeder came out in Feb. 1973. I don't
know how long the group was in existance (where is the club historian when
you need him/her?) , but I have 7 issues - three for 1973, and four for 1974.
As my dad died during that period, I don't know if his name was taken off the
membership role, or if the group ceased to function after 1974. It really is
a shame that a group like this isn't still in existance. Barry, if the bug
bites you to resurrect the IAPB,  count me in as a member - I can't get
enough of this hybridizing business.

I have just under 70 pages (front-printed only) that I will condense to front
and back copied - to save paper and postage - send me your address and a copy
is yours . (Sandy- I've got yours).

Have a great weekend!
Ed

Ed Olson-Moore