Re: The Pelargonium Breeder

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] The Pelargonium Breeder
  • From: Steve Pollard steve@GERANIUM.INTENSIVE.CO.UK
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 01:26:30 +0100

"I wonder if anyone knows what month this started, and how long or how
many issues there were?  Does anyone have copies?  I would pay for
copies if anyone has them."

Pelargonium Breeder by Andrew Simmons, who I believe received them from
Faye Brawner.
The first issue was published in February 1973 and there were 4 issues
in that year. I have eight issues in total the last one dated: Vol.II,
No. 4. Dec 1974 (March 1975).

I have a feeling that was the last issue as he appears to be frustrated
at not achieving some of the initial aims of IAPB and talks about
working more closely with "Geraniums Around the World" with the
possibility of having an IAPB page within their journal.

I had mentioned to Gwen Ward some months ago that I would scan the
information into a Word document and make available to interested
parties, however insufficient free time has prevented that happening to

The content The Pelargonium Breeder is a real treasure and I have found
the content fascinating with articles by some of the greats of
pelargonium hybridising history.

I will endeavour to complete my mission and make available to all our

Steve Pollard

Reading these back issues is a real education.