Re: Blue Sky Idea

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Blue Sky Idea
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:37:59 -0600

>2. Online GATW back issues. I doubt that IGS makes much annually on the sale
>of back issues. In "The Information Age" every IGS member should have full
>access to back issues. Fine, charge me $5.00 more annually. Actually, without
>having to pay for my postage (see #1), IGS would make about  $9.00 /year more
>(just from me).  I've heard that some back issue copies, sold currently,  are
>missing a line or two of print.  Every page would have to be high quality.
>While you're at it, I could use an index or a way or searching for articles
>by keyword, author, etc. (Hey, it's my dream!)

YES!!  Index or no, access to back issues would be wonderful.  So an extra
annual fee, no sweat.

>3. Online access to worldwide publications ( bulletins, newsletters,etc.) put
>out by any other geranium/pelargonium  society, group or club - including The
>Geraniaceae Group Newsletter.
>There could probably be a reciprocal exchange - their membership gets access
>to GATW online. I would love to join The Geraniaceae Group, but I don't want
>to pay the bank that handles money transfers more than I pay for my
>membership.
>Ed

Ditto!  I'm starved for information and keep intending to join this and
send for that.  But the truth is my current priorities are basic life
support: food, rent, plant material...computer repair :-(  and a simpler
and single access to worldwide news for everybody would be a great boon.
That's what the digital revolution was intended to provide.  (As for
Geraniaceae Group's antiquated method of collecting overseas dues I'm
obviously not the only one discouraged by it.)

When I get an original idea of my own you'll be the first to know.

Maria