Response to Cynthia - Re: Blue Sky Idea

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Response to Cynthia - Re: Blue Sky Idea
  • From: Ed Olson Moore H20wrx@AOL.COM
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:38:14 EDT

Hi Cynthia-
I wanted to answer your e-mail "on the record", even tho I've already
communicated w/you personally.
First of all, Thanks for your interest and support. I appreciate your input.
Hopefully these "discussions" will serve to help break the IGS out of the old

I didn't quite follow something - are back issues available for every issue,
or has the IGS filled in "sold out" copies with photocopies? If they are
photocopies, it would be great if someone could double-check the quality. As
I stated in an earlier "Blue Sky" post, I'm interested in the info, and not
necessarily in having a hard copy of the magazine. And I know the club makes
money off back issues. However, a black and white photocopy is not the same
as a GATW magazine, and , in my opinion, the cost should be reduced, if it
isn't already.  That is the same reason I don't think you could sell back
issues that are on a pay site, on the internet, or that have been scanned and
put on a disc at the same amount as if someone were buying a complete set of
old copies. There has got to be a price break somewhere. I really like the
disc idea myself.

I'd like to put in my thanks to George also, for organizing all the back
issues of GATW. I think an index would be great!! I'd volunteer to be
involved with that project,  but don't know how much I could help from a
distance- and access to very few back issues. I hope the project can draw
enough interest to become a reality.

Again, thanks for gettoing involved in this discussion.