GATW Back Issues

  • Subject: GATW Back Issues
  • From: Ed Olson Moore H20wrx@AOL.COM
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 06:15:22 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/02 11:30:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Hedgehug@AOL.COM writes:

> Someone just got the Summer 2002 issue and inquired about purchasing an
> entire set of back issues, so I can tell you that the cost at this time is
> approximately $550.
> Cynthia Lohry

Thanks for the info on GATW back issues that were reprinted.
Not only is a complete set of GATW back issues cost prohibitive for most
people, but a purchaser then has the problem of storage. A CD with all the
back issues on it makes more sense to me.  Assuming for the moment that such
a CD could be produced, what would it sell for? Obviously not as much as a
complete set of back issues - it wouldn't sell.

As a frame of reference, the complete 32 volume Encyclopedia Britannica sells
for around $1300.00 and up, while the same set on CD (including a dictionary,
an atlas, and more) sells for around $60.00. Big difference in price when
people are buying the information only.

The information in all the back issues of GATW should be available to
everyone, in CD format, at a reasonable price.

Ed Olson-Moore