  • Subject: fundraising
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:03:07 -0400

Hi Everyone :)  I heard back from a friend at AVSA regarding some of their
fundraising methods and here is what she said:
""We raise funds for AVSA through our sale of publications from the
office and at our conventions, and through the generous donations of our
members who contribute to our three funds. These are the Boyce Edens
Research Fund, through which our grants for research are funded, our
AVSA Building Maint. Fund which takes care of office equipment and
building maint., and the Booster Fund, which funds various projects and
other expenses (i.e. the microfilming of all past plant registrations).

    We do have specialized sales tables at the conventions, offering
items for raffles, etc. to raise monies for future conventions, and an
auction at our Saturday luncheon at convention which raises money for
our AVSA scholarships to college students studying  horticulture.""

Also- I could not get through to Arnold Arboretum today, but will try again
tomorrow.  I also usually have the same problem getting through at Mass
Hort, but I will post what I find out from either or both.