Mass Hort Society

  • Subject: Mass Hort Society
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:16:14 -0400

Hi Everyone :)  Regarding Mass Horticulture Society: They have a literature
rack and can take 8 1/2 x 11 size information sheets about IGS to have
available in their entranceway.  These would be such that visitors can pick
up as they enter or leave the facility.  I have the name and address of the
contact these should go to. I think the quantity would be fairly small as it
seems to be a magazine rack set-up with all types of literature.

Regarding summer gardens - They have  Manager of Gardens, and they do have
an annual display garden , mainly for AAS winners, etc. at the end of the
summer.  The man I spoke with also said the Director of Gardens would know
whether they would also be open to having a display garden specifically for
geraniums/pelargoniums.  I have the contact information for the Director of
Gardens also, if someone wishes to pursue this further as far as
opportunities, etc.  I realize Boston is probably not the best location, and
warmer climates would suit better, so this is as far as I go with finding
out information unless someone asks me to find out more.  At the least, we
know that a Hort Society will accept literature and possibly do a display

Oh, PS.- Arnold Arboretum has practically nothing under the trees because
they only have twelve people to care for 256 acres.  The director is out of
the country until late October but perhaps a letter suggesting low
maintenance hardy species under the trees is an option when he returns.
They do not, however, even accept donations of trees so that may be a dead
end for pelargoniums.