Re: Mass Hort

  • Subject: Re: Mass Hort
  • From: Claire Peplowski ECPep@AOL.COM
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:50:11 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/02 7:13:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Laurie@LAEOM.COM

> > Laurie,
> >     Bravo for all you hard work.

Chiming in here late on this discussion, Mass. Hort. of which I was a member
for years, has a trial and display garden in a location outside of Boston
called Elm Estates.  They also have two events there each year inviting
outsiders to display.  One is a harvest affair.  I don't know if this has
gone by.  They have a website with all the information.

There is also the "Society Show".  This used to be held at the Case Estates
of the Arnold Arboretum. Recently AA decided only members could come to the
sales and events so the combined plant societies around Boston hold a spring
event and a larger fall event in Waltham, Mass at the UMass apart from AA
which made what is a poor decision for plant buyers.     The Society sale was
September 15th at the UMass Field Station, Waltham and invited a bunch of
plant societies and related sellers.

On Sept. 21 there will be another show at the UMass Field Station in Waltham
which is the combined begonia and gesneriad groups.  That is 9/21 from 9 - 3
pm.  The field station is right next to Bentley College.

If any of this helps I am sorry I did not get to the messages sooner.  It is
just that a venue exists via these groups and some of us might not have all
the information.

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY