Re: TPB, some more thoughts...

  • Subject: Re: TPB, some more thoughts...
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:34:00 -0600

Ah well....... up with hobbyists (!) who look to create something new.  Or
"new".  Shoot, doesn't every breeder secretely hope for that?  I'd be
making field trials myself if I had the room (or field) but I don't even
have a mini-greenhouse, only window sills and a light table that will  need
a second level soon.  If my husband gets off his a-- and finishes
insulating the sunroom before winter I'll have that space as well.

It's not easy pretending to be 'scientific' under such conditions, which is
why I keep dwarfs & miniatures, although I've started growing species as
well. Several of my results (among the miniatures) look  really intriguing
so far.  Yes, there are interesting variations among multiple versions of
the same cross.  And yes I keep records - not meticulously but that's easy
to tighten up.

I believe it was F. Read (?) who began making his crosses in a 5' x 8'
garden shed outside his house.  Now that inspires.

Maria
          professional hobbyist