Bud worms

  • Subject: Bud worms
  • From: Sandy Connerley sandyc@SURFARI.NET
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:26:16 -0700

    I wonder if anyone knows of all the types of moths producing bud
worms?  It appears that there are very many.
    Treatment appears to be the same, so it is just a curiosity.
    Most recommend a BT specific spray.  There is also now a genetically
engineered BT which is safe and last longer on the plant than regular BT
(MVP II).  And, there is a botanical which I have been unable to find in
this area that is a fungus and has had very good results for the
commercial growers (Botanigard).  If anyone has used these in their area
of the US, I would be curious of their results.