Re: Deerwood Wishing Star

  • Subject: Re: Deerwood Wishing Star
  • From: maria guzman mirror@3RIVERS.NET
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:36:43 -0600

Hi Cindi - It's temperamental - in my experience not the easiest to grow
well.  A little too damp and roots start to rot.  Dry for a day and  leaves
quickly yellow and die.  But give it enough sun and fertilizer and it's
quite charming, like a bonsai.  Primitive or star flowers (white) and
curious gnarly stems with tiny stellar leaves.  I grow it in a 4" clay pot
and fast-draining medium so the danger of waterlogging is lessened.  The
stigmas are sterile but the pollen is quite fertile. I'm using it for X