Re: The "Geranium Records"

  • Subject: Re: The "Geranium Records"
  • From: "Roth, Barry" BRoth@BROBECK.COM
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:35:49 -0700

Sandy,

Thank you for posting these extremely interesting quotes from Charles Piper
Smith.  They say a lot about the state of the art at that time.  I too would
be very interested in seeing "Geranium Records" if anyone knows where it
could be found.

Charles Piper Smith was a botanist who published significant works on
lupines, especially those of the Pacific States.  The UC library catalogue
gives his dates as 1877-1955, and somewhere I got the idea that geraniums
was an interest he took up after his retirement.  These dates would make it
pretty unlikely that Mrs. Harvey Smith was his mother -- but there's one
more name to research!

Barry