Re: Coincidence Or?

  • Subject: Re: Coincidence Or?
  • From: Cynthia Pardoe RegalArt@AOL.COM
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:10:54 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/02 5:12:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time, H20wrx@AOL.COM

 1. In a posting on the Robin, Laurie reported that she had a Regal bloom
 without the
     required 3 week period at temps below 55 degrees F.
As long as the temperature stays in the 50s  this is common for regals to
bloom in my yard in the mid 55s. That is why we get those early pre-fall
blooms out here 15 miles inland from the coast of San Diego. Our nights can
get into the mid and high 50s. The hardest part is to cut those blooms off
for propagation. Now, if a Regal could bloom in the 60 degrees plus
temperature that would be unique.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier...lots of progating going on here. 155 regal
varieties done so far. More  hundreds to follow .

PS. H20wrz....made 7 cuttings of Susanne Moore. (Two mother plants) and a
back-up has been established.

Cynthia Pardoe