Re: Coincidence Or?

  • Subject: Re: Coincidence Or?
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:44:47 -0400

Hi Cynthia :)  My two seedlings of "Regalia mixed' that have bloomed were
not in any area that reached anything near 50 degrees, in fact that was why
I mentioned these two on the Robin.  They are in my living room where all
summer it has been at least 70 and some days 90 in the room.  The seedling
first bloomed before 8-27-02 (will check for exact date) because that is the
day I took the scan of the first blossom.    Neither indoors or outdoors
went down below 65 or 70 in August- my living room was closer to 80 most of
the month, including at night because my house takes forever to cool down.
I remember you telling me there needed to be a cool period when I asked
about a seedling I had started last November- these two that have bloomed
are from a second batch of the same seed type I started in March.  I have
been assuming they are a new type of hybrid, but I really don't know too
much about regals.  The seed is 'Regalia' mix and I bought it from Thompson
and Morgan.  I've posted the two scans at this link:

http://www.laeom.com/regalseedlingphotos.htm

Laurie