Re: Pelargonium Breeder's Forum

  • Subject: Re: Pelargonium Breeder's Forum
  • From: Brian Roth sevenmi@DNC.NET
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:21:05 -0700

Ed Olson Moore wrote:

> What would potential members, w/or w/out experience, hope to get out of such
> a group?

Information, empirical and anecdotal!   (With all the hundreds of
species out there, there is no point reinventing the wheel.)
Plus, words of advice,  and/or encouragement.  Plus lots of questions.
Debate e.g.,  the merits of one parent plant over another.
Speculation & anticipation.  Celebration & commiseration.

Soapbox please..........
Sometimes I think we have lost our ability to be amazed.  Think about
this for a moment: Never before in human history have
individuals from around the globe, who share nothing but an interest in
a very narrowly defined subject, been able to communicate at will in
(almost) real time, on an unscheduled basis (unlike phone, ham)  with no
regard to status or station or expertise!

Brian Roth
Oregon, usa