Re: CD's and Partoe Articles

  • Subject: Re: CD's and Partoe Articles
  • From: "Roth, Barry" BRoth@BROBECK.COM
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:45:14 -0700

Sandy,

It is possible to scan to a format called .pdf, which is readable by Adobe
Acrobat Reader, a freely downloadable program.  The files combine text and
images, and the text is searchable.  I don't know what the limitations are
with respect to the original material, but we commonly do it here in the
office (for instance, when a document has a signature that you want to
preserve the image of).  Acrobat Reader may be a fairly small program which
could be included itself on the CD.  In any case, it is readily available.

More later,

Barry