Re: pdf format

  • Subject: Re: pdf format
  • From: "Roth, Barry" BRoth@BROBECK.COM
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:07:44 -0700

Sandy,

I'm not sure of the details -- I'm not the guy here who does the scanning
(yet).  But my impression is that ".pdf" is a setting on the scanner itself.
You tell it what format you wish the output to be in and .pdf is one option.
You scan, and you wind up with a file in .pdf format.  To edit such a file,
I think you would need Adobe Acrobat.  But simply to read it, which is what
would be wanted on a CD such as we are talking about, you only need Adobe
Acrobat Reader, a much simpler program.  If I've got any of this wrong, I'm
sure someone will correct me.

Barry