Re: pdf format

  • Subject: Re: pdf format
  • From: "Laurie AE O'Meara" Laurie@LAEOM.COM
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 23:47:48 -0400

Hi Everyone :)  I fiddled around with this a bit with my scanner - I scanned
a document in and was going to save it as a "pdf' (which stands for Portable
Document Format), but couldn't because it told me I don't have "PDF writer"
(which I knew).  So, I believe, at least with my Visioneer/Paperport (older)
software I can't save documents as pdf's unless I have Adobe Acrobat Writer.
My scanner is about a year older than my computer, and has needed to be
replaced , so maybe a newer scanner doesn't need the Acrobat Writer.  I have
been able to save documents as Paperport self viewing files - and they are
similar to pdfs, where anyone can open the document because a mini-viewer
software is embedded in the document.  I don't know if those can have a
"search mode", and I tend to doubt it - No- I just tried to search some
self-viewing files - it will let me print or copy but has no search ability.

Laurie