Plants surviving summer

Hi Cindi and all,

Our summer was so much better than last year that although the plants suffered, they look great in comparison.

My plants are butchered right now for many cuttings.  Last night the Sacramento Geranium Club gave a presentation on cuttings of many types of plants.  The speaker uses white willow bark powder on everything.  Her sister owns a nursery in Oregon and has used it exclusively for years.  So, on my struggling two special cuttings, I am going to try her method.  For these she recommended fine grade Perlite and coarse grade vermiculite 50/50, bottom watering, and the white willow bark powder.  Her sister gets it from the health food store.  She provided little bottles to the club members for 50 cents.  I will keep everyone posted on the experiment.

I would like to know if cuttings from the ivy leaf pelargoniums take longer than zonals and if there are different requirements to propagate these.  Maybe they are just like the rest and some take longer than others.

Sandy