Re: What's everyone up to?

Kent,

I have tried both Oasis wedges (convenient because of the tray) and the floral foam from Walmart which I liked because of the floral preservatives.  Plants root well in the foams, but in areas with hot weather, the clubs here recommend that if you purchase plants grown this way you dig down in the pots and get rid of the foam.  They say it draws water from the soil to the main stem of the plant and rots it.  Of course, if the plants are only grown as annual throw away plants, guess it would not matter.

Sandy

Kent Fenley <Fenleykent@AOL.COM> wrote:
The Wet foam that I used was purchased from a super Walmart it is made by
FloraCraft and it is for fresh cut flowers. The foam contains floral
preservatives and it worked better for me than Oasis Foam. I also use it for air layering
of plants. Newspaper is also good to cover your cuttings for shade and just
keep the paper wet. I usually take it of in the evenings. I will use paper for
the first week of rooting after that it may provide to much shade.