Re: Regal Glowing Embers

  • Subject: Re: Regal Glowing Embers
  • From: Hedgehug@AOL.COM
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:49:38 EDT

The only info I have is that he started worked with pelargoniums in the early
50s when he retired and devoted himself to his nursery full time.  That he
produced 600 crosses of which only 3 were named at the time of his death.  That
"afterwards a Mr. Blakeman of Alice Springs named some more for me".  It had
Glowing Embers listed with a brief description, but no year of introduction.
There was a nice little 2 page bio on him and a listing of the plants, if you
need that.

It did mention "zonquils" which were a cross between zonals and
quinquelobatum which produced pastel colored flowers on extremely long stems that the cut
flower trade showed some interest in.  Do you think any of these still exist?