Re: [IGSrobin]

  • Subject: Re: [IGSrobin]
  • From: Robin Parer <geraniac@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:15:00 -0700 (PDT)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pacbell.net; s=s1024; t=1284657300; bh=5elzLR0B56Or5BrwqdAeMB9uY5CpUHKYl+Op0hV8S1Y=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=CybGxXsrpaIn4k3T+1ivd1wPgo2xv8w3XiSQQ87s+ZW6z0ScPJCIcCYnTrXUk0pI6+keTFofw5Z1e0RRkbQPCxUg1BkXbFAf402tzWaXXYLvyI+qmKX7GMbCIx4JxNdJP+mamQh6e91FWKFIp7RrDrf2IZs55Q28U32ZUN45ftg=

Dear Donna:

I live in the Bay Area about 10 miles north of San Francisco. I have owned Geraniaceae Nursery since 1983 and I grow around 70 different erodium, 400 hardy geraniums, 148 angel and pansy face pelargoniums, 139 scenteds, and 125 pelargonium species. I am also slowly starting a collection of Regals, mainly from the International Regal Preservation Project in San Diego started by Cynthia Pardoe, Brenda Archer and Riccardo Gallucci.

 It is a great worry that there are so few nurseries growing the Geranium Family. Many heritage members of the family owe their continued existence to garden groups and societies who keep them in cultivation. Large commercial nurseries, with a few exceptions, don't have the knowledge or the interest. So bravo to the South Bay Geranium Society and the Regal Preservation Project and their hard working and inspirational members.

Robin Parer
415-461-4168 (office); 415-269-4168 (cell)
Geraniaceae Nursery www.geraniaceae.com