Re: [Fwd: I am with you on this one.]

Pete Liekkio wrote:

> > Diane:
> >
> > I don't believe there has been any mail.  This list has been extremely
> quiet for 6 weeks now.
> >
> > Diane Soares wrote:
> >
> > > Diana, it seems that I've been missing messages!! This is the first
>
> Lets hear some chatter on this group.  Where are all the Pelargonium,
> Erodium, or Sarcocaulon growers?r  Maybe someone even grows Monsonia or
> Geraniums :-)
>
> Prefering species I grow few hybrids so am not familiar with Stellas.  Ok I
> confess I did buy a Mrs Henry Cox at a recent sale and I've been caught
> crossing a few section Hoarea Pelargoniums with whatever else is blooming
> when I forget to save pollen for selfing.  Anyone out there with any
> interesting Section Hoarea species? Also if you haven't visited my Web Page
> - I have photos and info on many Sarcos and Pellys.
>
> Keep growing
> Pete Liekkio
> Seattle,  Washington,  USA
> pliekkio@compumedia.com
> http://www.compumedia.com/~pliekkio/Page1.htm
>
>   ---------------------------------------------------------
>             A little over the budget? Talk to us.
>
>        Astra Labs Web Hosting - http://www.astraweb.com
>   ---------------------------------------------------------Hi, Pete!
I confess to joining this list because I've been "collecting" geraniums
and wanted to learn more.  It started with the hardies, then a friend
gave me 'Black Vesuvius', then I bounght some scenteds, ect., and I
realized there were so many different colors, shapes, scents and
textures. Now I'm addicted <grin> and always making space for "just one
more".  I have hardies (over 40 varieties). Pelargoniums include 5
stellars, 3 minis/dwarfs, 10 or so scented.  Erodiums - 4 varieties the
newest is manescavi.
Oh, I have an 8 x 16 foot greenhouse for overwintering and propagtion.  I
am interested in growing from seed but so far I've only collected the
seed from the hardies to see if anything interesting comes from it.
I just came back from a visit to your web site!!  What winter
temperatures are required by these caudiform/succulent varieties?  My gh
runs on the cool side - 45 to 50 degrees.  Could I grow these in the
greenhouse or as indoor plants?  Could tell us where these can be
purchased?
Thanks!!
Diane in Snohomish, WA