Re: Erodium/Pelargonium

> > It started with the hardies, then a friend
> > > gave me 'Black Vesuvius',
> > **
> >
> > I'm mad about dark blooms, and this sounds like one I'd like to get..
if
> > it really is dark.
> > Carolyn Schaffner in buffalo, NY

Hi Carolyn and all,

If you're looking for black or almost black flowers, try Pelargonium
auritum  ssp auritum.  The flowers of Pelargonium lobatum are purple-black
with a slight yellow margin.  For the caudicifile both of these have large
tubers  that may be raised. P. auritum blooms winter.  P. lobatum late
spring.

Keep growing
Pete Liekkio
Seattle,  Washington,  USA