census

Here's my data for the census:

As a member of the IGS only a month, I am not involved with many
species. At present, I grow mainly pelargoniums that are somewhat unusual in
blossom and leaf shape and color.

All my pellies are grown in containers. The containers are in a flower
border at the front of the house, along a long side yard fence, in a
container garden bed at the rear of the house and on the deck.

I cut back the plants and bring them inside for the winter. The cuttings are
rooted for more plants for the following spring.

My wife Pat likes scented varieties. Upon joining IGS, I received seeds of
scenteds, which Pat will enjoy (I will, too.

A few hardy geraniums are in the perennial borders. I am planning a rock
garden for miniature geraniums and other plants.

I had no idea there were so many species until I found the IGS web site.
I'll be branching out to try other geraniums.

John G. Adney
Marion, Iowa (zones 4-5)
johnadney@email.msn.com