Re: Has every body been abducted by aliens?

At 07:28 PM 09/02/1999 -0400, you wrote:

> I was in a propagation fever the other day, so I trimmed a lot of my =
> leggy scenteds.  I was out of peat and potting soil, so I just used pure =
> vermiculite.
>
> It was a disaster.  I have never had black leg before, and now more than =
> half the cuttings--maybe more--have died.

I am new to the cultivation of Pelargoniums and I have a lot to learn.
However, I have made some attempts at growing cuttings. I have lost some
due to black rot, but I was able to save some of them by cutting off the
rot and replanting the cuttings in a new medium. I believe that the cause
of my problem was soil too wet

I would like to know what a good soil mixture would be composed of.
I now use a mixture of 30% black soil, 30% peat, 20% perlite, 20% vermiculite.

Cheers
*  rleger@email.com                      *
*  ICQ# 6561520                          *
*  http://www.total.net/~legerr          *