Re: P trifidum

Ingrid wrote:
> a friend was given something labelled P. trifidum Idnida and I have as
> usual never heard of it. Swanland was mentioned in connection with it.
> I told her the description from my van der Walt  books, but it seems
> as if the stems aren't noticeably brittle. Or is the name 'Idnida' a
> misspelling? Has someone run into it or has any experienc with P.
> trifidum? Any help is greatly appreaciated,

Hi Ingrid:
From my files:

P. trifidum (Jacq. 1797), flower cream with reddishpurple veins, section
Ligularia, 20-45 cm, origin: Karroo, SE Cape Province, strong scented
leaf (rotting fish), flowers from september to january in SA.

Must have it standing around somewhere in the garden in a pot but did
not find it right now <g> - like you I have too many plants to look
after, check up and move inside allthough it is still OK weather here in
Holland tho a bit rainy so have some time left. A hint - Idnida could
refer to the finding location in SA - perhaps you can find it on a good
Mimy Sluiter
cats: <http://welcome.to/Manx> mailto:manx1@wxs.nl
politics: <http://welcome.to/d66.noordholland> mailto:m.sluiter@d66.nl
phone & fax: +31-[0]35-6920501