Dry/wet cycles help pitcher plants catch more prey

RSS story archive

Mole taxonomy

  • To: "Square Foot Gardening List" <sqft@listbot.com>
  • Subject: Mole taxonomy
  • From: "Frank Teuton" <fteuton@total.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:03:25 -0500

Square Foot Gardening List - http://www.flinet.com/~gallus/sqft.html

>Although I would never eat a mole either, why
>not.  We eat rabbits and squirrels and moles are of the same family
>Rodentia.  Oh! Now I've really spoiled your appetite.

Nope, moles are insectivores, not rodents. Look it up, they are carnivorous,
100 per cent. Mice, squirrels, beavers, and rats, all rodents. Rabbits
technically are lagomorphs, related but not rodents, and moles are way  over
in another part of mammalia.

Best not to eat 'em, I say....:-)

Frank Teuton---not one to make a mountain out of this issue...gophers and
voles are both rodents, now....:-)