Re: Cindy's photo - not!

> sidneygardener wrote:
> To Jan and anyone else on digest,
> I'm so sorry about the mess I made. I seem to have fixed it and I know
> how to do it again. My computer occationally has a mind of its own and
> changes its settings. No one has been able to explain to me how this
> happens, but we think it has something to do with my Windows Doctor.
> I'm afraid to turn off the Doctor because I have a periphial device
> conflict and it is the only thing that saves my system when it
> crashes. Windows 98 second addition should fix it when I can afford it
> until then I promise to check my settings before I send anymore
> pictures to iris-photos. Please except my humble apology I know how
> frustrating hours of waiting for the computer to finish its task can
> be.

No need to be worried. It is not a major problem. In fact, it probably
takes no longer to download the uuencoded file than to download the
picture itself. The problem is of course that you don't get to see the
picture when it gets there.

I am glad you figured out how to fix the problem, and I have the fix in
my note database now so if someone else comes up with the problem I can
lead them to a fix.

Glitches occur now and again and we all have to be patient while the
problem gets fixed.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates
as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
Learn more at: