Re: [ Sad cross ]

<"Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net> wrote:
I know that there are a ton of ameonas but this one is sooo nice in the
garden.  It grows like a weed, reblooms and has 3 branches a spur and
terminal, 10 to 11 buds on it.  The picture doesn't adequately portray the
nice white rim on it.  Here's the question:  If this flower has all of the
above qualities yet is not a significant improvement in color class would any
of you intro it?
Mike>

Every introduced iris should have it's own merits to make it worthy of
introduction. I find that each one has strenghts in different areas. This one
seems to have a number of very good strengths that would make it worthy.
Personally I feel that judges can be too focused on novelty and miss some
other good improvements. Not all Iris live on the show bench. Most people
enjoy the flowers in the garden and if the plants grow better and put on
better shows in the garden, then they are worthy. For myself, one main target
for a plant is that it survive and grow well in my climate. There are soooo
many nice things that do well in Oregon or California that sulk and shiver to
death hear in southern Canada. I certainly would be willing to give it a trial
here. When a plant is not unique it certainly shoud be hardy in many climates.

LOW RATE, NO WAIT!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates
as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
Learn more at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/937/0/_/503733/_/954899404/