Re: Neomarica

Sterling Okase wrote:
> Hi Mike and Talkers,
> I grow neomarica as a house plant so I took it outside
> to photograph in natural morning light. I used a Canon
> SLR (EOS Elan) with a 75-300 zoom (because the flower
> is so small) and a tripod. I also staked the leaf to
> steady it so I could use a slower shutter speed to get
> better depth of field. The color is pretty true.

Sterling (et.al.)

I have to interject a note of color caution here. Unless you are using a
(very expensive) calibrated color monitor, there can be a wide variation
in the way a color appears from one monitor to another. I have two big
screens sitting next to each other running on different interfaces and
pictures can look radically different.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates
as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
Apply NOW!