Re: Neomarica

pta00204@mail.wvnet.edu writes:

<< My Neomarica opened it's first bloom today, and looks pretty much identical
 to Sterling's photos.  The tag that came with it calls it "Neomarica
 Northiana - North's False Flag."  I've been growing mine indoors also, have
 had it for about 6 months. >>

Kathryn,
     The two Neomaricas I have in pots are blooming now.  These plants go in
any time temperatures under 30 F are expected.  The other Neomaricas growing
in the ground are starting to form some buds.  The extremely low humidity [as
low as 6 % today] is slowing them some.  That 32 F this morning did not help
either.  The plants in the ground have been exposed to temperatures as low as
18 F, but are recovering.

Mark A. Cook
BigAlligator@aol.com
Dunnellon, Florida.