Re: Iris Virus - and fixer-upper

xtraferris@aol.com writes:

<< Okay, now, I got the expert's advice.  Somebody tell me in plain English
what
 I'm supposed to do here to fix the problem???.  Elaine Ferris, filling in
for
 Richard.

For Windows 98 go to the following and click on product updates
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

It will require you to get the newest scripting program to read it . allow
installation. it should also ask you to install a critical update program.
allow it.

When all is set and done it will check your computer for the required
updates. "no infomation will be sent to microsoft....:>>>>>] . You will get a
list of updates critical recommended,etc.  I recommend you download and
install in 30 t0 60 minute blocks. Critical and recommended updates are
normally 1 to 4 hours worth.

The critical update program is a bit of a nuisance as you will notified of
new updates every 3-4 days but will keep you up to date automatically..

THE ABOVE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR AN UPDATED ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION PROGRAM
!!!!!!!!!

if you have windows 95 or other just say so and I will look up those also.

Michael Michaeli, who finds gardening makes computers tolerable.
SiliconValley,ca.Usa

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
Apply NOW!